Before and After: Cropping


Before



After


Another photo from this summer in Boston, MA (can you tell I've been busy, I'm still editing photos from this summer!).  In the Before photo I was able to capture the foreground leaves in focus.  The unfortunate part is that this the background really didn't lend itself to make a well composed image, but I still really liked these leaves that were in focus.  

So what do you do? You crop the image!

The after photo is much better.  Cropping the image allows you to really focus on the parts you wish the viewer to see.  In the before image the viewer looks all around and because of the busy background will probably miss the focused leaves in the foreground. Once cropped, you can see the details and I just love the look of the bright green leaves crossing their way from one side to the other.  



Comments