Brown Pelican




I recently was in Pittsburg, PA doing touristy things.  These images are from their National Aviary, which was pretty amazing.  If you're afraid of birds though I wouldn't suggest it because 90% of the birds there are "free" to fly around in their rooms, so they're not caged up per-say.

This pelican came right up close, to be fed fish of course.  But it was great for photos.  The second is my favorite but it's not perfect.  I like the first image as well but it's such a dark image I'm just not sure if it's really any good.  It's difficult to get a perfect shot of a bird because of their quick movements and how they tend to never stay put.  They're rather annoying to try and shoot, especially indoors in low-lighting conditions.  Ah well, it was still fun to try!

Enjoy!

Comments