Good vs. Bad Composing


Above would be the poorly composed photo and below is the well composed photo.


These two photos were really just quick snap shots, which is especially visible in the bottom photo because nothing is actually in focus.  It's all a bit blurred, but for the point of this exercise it will still work.  When speaking to my boyfriend Guy on what he liked and disliked about the photos he overall liked the second photo more.  The first one he stated was just dull and had no story behind it.  Plus it was awkward standing behind the bureau, almost as if the bureau had more significance that himself.  

The second photo seemed to have something going on.  Guy is looking off camera as if something is grabbing his attention; it make you wonder and think a bit more at what it could be.  Though Guy still believed that the bureau was a bit random and didn't make much sense, but I'm not really sure that's the point when we're just looking at how best to compose a shot.  

It was fun to try out different placements and see what looked best.  I think I could've still found a more fun position for the second photo but I think the one I settled on is pretty good.  Just have to make sure my camera is fully set up to take a more focused and final shot.

Enjoy!

Comments