Snails



I found this snail out west in Northern California while hiking along a beach trail.  I loved the colors on the snail and how it's skin looked.  I don't think I've ever seen a snail so up close and personal before.

Out of these three photos the last one is my favorite.  The lighting is almost perfect and the details on the snail's foot, where it's rippling over the ground is really cool to see, unlike the first photo here where the snail's foot is basically flat/straight.  The middle photo I added a little artistic filter to, specifically the "dry brush" filter.  It was an alright photo to begin with but I liked it better with a filter.  Just to make it a little different than the rest.  It's a bit of an odd subject, taking photos of snails, but that's what I like about it.  How many up close, and detailed, snail photos have you ever seen?  I haven't seen many.  Enjoy!

Comments