Valentines Day


Day 35; Valentines Day is simply what you make of it.  If you started the day in a sad mopey mood because you don't have a "special someone" then you've waisted a whole day.  If you don't have that special someone in your life, then make today about your friends and family.  Spend it doing something fun with them. 

I would also like to add that this is completely a "hallmark holiday" and I chose not to participate.  I'd rather save my money and simply wish people a Happy Valentines Day (my friend made home made valentine cards, great idea and doesn't cost anything). 

Lastly, if you do have a special someone in your life, Valentines Day should not be the reason why you celebrate how much you appreciate each other.  You should be out appreciating each other everyday of the week.  Or maybe once a week.  Date nights or simply sending that someone little love notes from time to time to let them know that they're appreciated and wanted.  But hey, I'm not trying to be a grump here! 


I bought myself some candy hearts today because they're yummy and I figured that they'd make a fun picture for today.  Turns out they did in the first one... but then I got hungry and ate a few. I got lucky, these ones are the nice soft chewable ones that don't break your teeth when you bite down onto them.  On a side note, these yellow hearts are super banana flavored.  Just a heads up.  Faythe...

Comments