Ice Glass


Day 39; On a walk yesterday I came across the ordinary scene of broken glass strewn along the sidewalk and lawn.  Having my camera with me I though it'd be fun to take some pictures of the glass and see what I could create.  Later, on my computer, I played around with the colors of the picture.  I didn't change any of the colors, but I did decide to enhance them a bit.  The picture originally wasn't too bad, but after enhancing the colors you can immediately see the contrast between the ice blue glass and the earthy tones around.

Contrast is exactly why I like this picture.  It's not only contrast between colors, but shapes and textures as well.  The glass you can see is hard and sharp edged, but the leaves, glass, and earth are more delicate, soft, and organic.  Which reminds me of the interesting contrast here between the man made glass and the natural organic nature leaves and earth.  It's a fun and interesting picture indeed.  Faythe...

Comments